Why IV Therapy?
Intravenous nutrient therapy is a treatment used to infuse vitamins, minerals, and amino acids into the body through a vein. By bypassing the digestive system, intravenous nutrient therapy is extremely effective in getting a high concentration of nutrients directly into the body. (Issues with food sensitizations resulting in an alteration of nutrient transport in the gut, poor absorption, or oral supplementation intolerance are all avoided). This means that 100% of the nutrients are absorbed and can be utilized by the body instantaneously (without the side effects of diarrhea). This is often impossible to achieve using oral supplementation.
Intravenous Micro-Nutrient Therapy is an effective method of using vitamins and minerals for the purposes of stimulating the body’s own healing system by providing concentrated nutrition at the cellular level. Intravenous nutrient therapy is a safe way of delivering these natural compounds to the body when given by experienced physicians and health care providers. Adverse effects are rare.
At this time, Haven Medical offers these nutrient IV therapies:
- Energizer IV– this IV builds up nutrients quickly for cellular utilization and immune support. It improves and boosts energy, improves cognitive function and over all sense of well-being. Specifically targeted for those with chronic fatigue, asthma, Fibromyalgia, Lyme disease, wound healing, depression, and overall nutrient deficiencies. Approximate treatment time: 90 minutes.
- High Vitamin C – This IV is specifically targeted for Cancer patients and those suffering from acute viral/bacterial infections (such as flu and colds). High dose vitamin C (from 25 – 150 grams) is given with B vitamins and minerals. Approximate treatment time: 60-120 minutes
- Glutathione- This IV is targeted for Neurodegenerative diseases (Parkinson’s. MS, Alzheimer’s disease). Glutathione can also be beneficial for patients who have suffered a stroke, from depression, Lyme disease, and as a support for the detoxification process. Approximate treatment time: 20 minutes.
- Myers Cocktail- A Myers’ “Wellness” Cocktail is a nutritional “cocktail” given intravenously (IV), or through a vein. It consists of magnesium, calcium, various B vitamins, and vitamin C. This is used to treat general fatigue, chronic fatigue syndrome/fibromyalgia, relieve acute asthma attacks, upper respiratory tract infections, chronic sinus infections, seasonal allergies, migraine headaches, muscle spasms, menstrual cramps, as well as to support recovery from endurance athletics. Many relatively healthy patients choose to receive periodic Myers’ Cocktail injections because it enhances their overall well-being for variable periods of time. Approximate treatment time: 20 minutes.
- Macular Degeneration IV- The eyes are extremely responsive to nutrients — which are why the antioxidants such as lutein, which has been found to slow the progression of AMD, is sometimes recommended. Therefore, consider what nutrients can do for eye tissue when administered intravenously at up to 100 times the concentration of antioxidants taken orally. There have been no studies yet on IV nutrient therapy for AMD, but patients who have had the treatment report extremely positive results that include restoration of most (not all) of the vision that had been lost. The therapy can be effective at stopping the disease from progressing further.
- Methyl B12 Injections– This is given via intramuscular injection (IM) and is targeted to treat those with certain kinds of anemia and Vitamin B12 deficiencies, fatigue, and aid in reduction of elevated homocysteine levels.
If you would like to speak to a us about Intravenous Nutrient Therapy, please call Haven Medical at 919-969-1414 to schedule an appointment with one of our providers.